“Startup” Media in Thailand
- Thumbsup.in.th is the largest startup and social media news page in Thailand. They feature almost every big event and have a lot of great content. The majority of news are in Thai.
- Eggidea is a Thai news page showcasting great ideas from around the world and of course local startups. Most of the news (if not all) are published in Thai.
- Coconuts Bangkok is an English speaking online newspaper that writes about everything going on in Bangkok, Thailand and beyond. They also have a section on Tech Startups.
- Deskmag.com.th is the Thai version of an international magazine about co-working. If you want to create or find a co-working space you should start here.
- Bangkok Post is the major English newspaper in Thailand – not more, not less.
- The Nation is the second major international newspaper in Thailand, with a section about technology. They actually feature some of the events and startups there.
Startup News in Asia
- Singapore Entrepreneurs is a major Blog and News page about Startups in Singapore and the region.
- E27 is a news portal and conference organizer for SEA and Japan. Every year they host the regions largest Startup conference Echelon, local satellite events, and much more.
- Tech in Asia is a news page about, well, tech in asia. They host different meetups in the region and organize Startup Asia once a year.
Tech and Business blogs around the World
- Techcrunch – well it’s Techcrunch for god sake. If you have a Startup you better send them a mail and hope for the best.
- The Next Web features international news about technology, business and culture. They host quickly sold out conferences.
- Guy Kawasaki is a legend. Apart from that he writes books, speaks, advises and blogs.
- Paul Graham blogs too. You know the guy from Y-Combinator.
- Venturebeat, is probably a full fledged news page, anyhow. Lots of good articles on Tech, Startups and the usual stuff.
- Inc.com is all about how to run a business.
- FastCompany is all about Business and Innovation. Christian’s personal favourite.
- Wired.com Even if we would only include it for former Editor in Chief Chris Anderson’s Long Tail and Free it would still totally rock the list. It’s an institution, online and print.
- StartupDigest is a weekly E-Mail newsletter that covers every major startup hub around the world. The local chapter is curated by Kelly Kampen.
Web and Entrepreneurship Meetups in Bangkok
- Bangkok Entrepreneurs is the largest of them all. Not really startup and/or tech focused.
- WebMobThailand same organizers as above, with a focus on tech and startups.
- Love Hackerspaces? Here you go.
- The local version of the worldwide Tech Meetups.
- One for the Graphic Designers.
- For Internet Entrepreneurs
- Looking people interested in investing or trading, this group is for you.
- And yes, we have a local investor club as well.
- Bangkok Scientifique is all about Science in a way everybody understands – well most of the time.