Comprises the WIT Developer & Designer Challenge, the WIT Bootcamp, Oct 21,
@ Microsoft Singapore (Level 22, One Marina Boulevard) and the main event, Oct 22-23 @ Suntec Convention Centre. The WITovation Awards will also be presented during the conference.
WIT START-UP PITCH
Call for Entries
The WIT Start-Up Pitch, taking place at the WIT Bootcamp on Oct 21, 2013 in Singapore, is looking for startups (from zero to three years old) who would like to present their business to our panel of investors and mentors.
We are looking for fresh ideas and smart entrepreneurs in the digital travel space who would like the opportunity to showcase their business at the annual WIT Bootcamp focused on innovation and entrepreneurship.
The WIT Start-Up Pitch 2013 is open to anyone from anywhere who want their ideas to be heard and get honest and constructive feedback from our panel of judges who are investors and successful entrepreneurs in their own right.
Email your submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31 and tell us, in less than 200 words, why you deserve this slot. Your descriptive should include:
1. Executive Summary
2. About You + Your Team
3. One Unique Selling Proposition
You can also submit a 2-minute video, stating 3 reasons.
We will select based on the creativity of your submissions and soundness of your business idea.
Shortlisted candidates will have the opportunity to present at the WIT Bootcamp, October 21, and the finalists will be coached by our mentors to go on to pitch at the Grand Finals at the WIT Conference, Oct 21-22, at Suntec Convention Centre.
• As a shortlisted candidate, you will be entitled to four complimentary tickets to the WIT Bootcamp.
• If you are chosen as a finalist, you will be entitled to two complimentary tickets to the WIT Conference.
Panel of Judges:
• Anurag Srivastava, CEO, Space Matrix & Managing Partner, Jungle Ventures
• Carl Shepherd, Co-founder & Chief Strategy & Development Officer, HomeAway
• Fritz Demopoulos, CEO, Queen’s Road Capital
• Jixun Foo, Partner, Shanghai, GGV Capital
• Kei Shibata, CEO, Venture Republic, Japan
• Rei Kawano, Analyst, Gree Ventures
• Rani Francois Marie-Saad, Director, Abacus Ventures
WIT DEVELOPER & DESIGNER CHALLENGE
• Spark the creation and development of new commercial applications in travel
• Foster entrepreneurship among developer, designer and student communities
• Create an eco-system of developers and designers for travel in Asia Pacific
Sponsors will come up with specific commercially-oriented problems or an open Challenge – “This is the pain in my business” – and set any restrictions on API usage and might suggest API that it believes will help solve the problem.
The Challenge will be open online to all developers, designers and students who will have the choice of picking their selected Challenge. Teams will have up to a month to work on the Challenge and submit their solutions by September 30, 2013.
Shortlisted candidates will be announced on the first week of Oct, 2013 and have a chance to present their solutions at the WIT Bootcamp in Singapore, Oct 21, where the winners of the respective Challenges will be decided. There will also be a special “Student Choice” Award.
The winners of the Challenges will win a 3-month “internship” or “mentoring” stint with the respective sponsors with the aim of doing a “proof of concept”.